CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 7, 2012

To be honest...

...I'm not really that enthusiastic about planning a wedding.  Or even having a wedding.  Suddenly, it's all that I hear about, and in some cases, it's the only way that some people relate to me anymore.  It's almost like I've become this entity.  Believe me, I would be perfectly fine getting married at a courthouse.  So would Shawn.  We used to talk about getting married on a cruise to the Caribbean.



Unfortunately, I've learned something since becoming engaged.

It's not really about what we want.

It's about what our hundred closest friends and relatives want.  If we did what we truly wanted to do, everyone else would be upset.

So, don't worry, everyone.  There will eventually be a wedding.  Maybe, one day, I won't inwardly cringe when someone brings up wedding ideas.  Maybe, I won't get physically sick to my stomach when I walk into a bridal store.  Maybe, I'll even become a bridezilla.



Okay, maybe not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment