CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

What's in your wallet?

I'm working on becoming more financially independent and responsible. If we plan on getting a house someday, I probably should build some credit. The only problem? I have zero credit right now, and I've never had a credit card or loan.

Unfortunately, my bank turned me down. The lady also tried to talk me into borrowing against my savings account to build some credit. She actually gave me pretty terrible advice, including encouraging me to always carry a balance if I could get a card elsewhere. She did send me to Capital One, and I was able to get approved. Hopefully, I'll have some credit built up by the time we start searching for houses in a year or so.

I realize that this has nothing to do with wedding planning, but there's really been nothing happening on that front, besides having a good talk with Brittany the other night in the car about doing what I wanted to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment